Meditation is a state of pure awareness.
Meditation is not an act of doing. One can be in meditation while doing their daily work and other can not be in that state while sitting quitely in any posture with closed eyes.
Meditation is not
- Concentration – to fix the attention on an object or a subject.
- Exercise – to control breaths, chant or visualize etc.
- Mental Effort – to force the mind to be quite.
- A state of mental peace and tranquility
- Relief from stress
- Focus on the present moment
- Improved quality of life